Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Pre Fall Collections

SO besides a little unauthorized trip to the gally where I saw some mongolian fur boots by Fendi there is very little street style walking around out there.  is it me or do houstonians forget how to fashion in the winter when everything gets a little cold...I think they are just so surprised and ready for it to go away that they throw on any old thing and walk out the door...no no no my friends winter is the time when you can fully express your fashion ambitions as effort must be made to work each layer and incorporate - my favorite time of year bc I can pile as much clothing on my body as possible. love love love cold weather, but only for a little while.
since I haven't found much to inspire me lately I am going to share what I love of the pre-fall collections so far,  style.com is my saviour in lean times of feeble fashion.  check it...rachel roy first then i'm dying for burberry prorsum as usual. 

never wear suits and i never will but that doesn't mean i don't appreciate one that is very well done.

so you could totally sleep and live in this thing, it reminds me of satin sheets very suave and sexual.  tuxedo jumpsuit - very fine.

omg love this tux jacket/dress perfect for a party or dinner nan kempner style.  would be so hot with tights and boots for new years eve.

who doesn't love an oversize trench?  seriously nothing better for a frigid night, and I am wild about those hot f-ing shoes, shoe booties still going strong with oxford influences and they rock those crazy scuptural heels again. 

or a perfectly sized trench will do too you know.  obsessed with those wide ass lapels, very yummy...oversized details add such oomph.



i die for floor scraping flares, i wear them alot but lately have been doing skinnies to show off my hot boots.  chris bailey makes the best looking trumpets that I have ever seen, get me into a pair and I know I would probably never take them off, then i could sleep in my shoes, nice!

i have to make an exception to the never wearing a suit rule, b.c this one is soo rock it doesn't even qualify as a suit.  imagine turning up to morgan stanley in this baby, i so would too if i was stuck in a corporate style work environment.  this is more like a rockstar unit with a kickin it flowery hippy daisy chain.

this is not a suit either...its hot sweet love on two long ass stems yum, i didn't even notice that they matched until it was too late and already posted.  i so wish i was incorporating these into my wardrobe today.

here is the one Houstonian fashionista out there for my witnessing pleasure.  doesn't she look chic all casualled out with the hoodie and peacoat and then those amazing boots, shes crazy I would at least have done black mongolian.  can you imagine how filthy these would be after trekking down a slushy sidewalk, it makes me cringe but kind of in a good way b/c then they would be grungey and trashed which i am really feeling right now.



No comments: