Thursday, January 8, 2009

GO 2009!

so the first place we went on NYE was a total fashion bust except for a couple of girls, one that I already knew.  I was feeling very antsy b/c there was no fab nye fashion like there obviously should be and was super relieved to go to this dive across the street and find a horde of lumberjack emos to take pics of, check it out and let me know if you ever want to wear plaid again.

This is Sovie, I was soo excited to run into her b/c I knew of course she had on something gorgeous, I shop with her at gregory's and she has guided me through some of my most important top dollar purchases. Love your winter floral Sovie and those boots are the kind that men are afraid of and make other girls jealos.

See what I mean, soo amazing, the heel is just a very narrow steel spike.  I think they are Aliaia...swoon!

And this is her unbelievable bag, where on Earth did she get this cuz I haven't seen it anywhere else or on any real humans ever...I was so pumped to see the giant fendi clutch in real life, but I was wondering what she was doing with the brown and where was that gorgeous buff colored one that was all over the mags.  still this outfit is a killer, watch out!

Another cute girl at the first bar, I thought I was seeing things b/c the landscape had been so barren for the first hour at least, I stalked her down in the corner.  Don't you love a leather dress, I so do!

And these shoes, they look hotter in the other pic, but a metallic buckled gladiator sandal makes my heart go pitter pat.  good pedi too!

SO this was across the street at the place called Warren's inn, I felt like an imposter on their little fun group singalong thing.  I guess they were all with the band or something but don't they look like they are having the best fudging time, yeah they do! lumberjack emo crew to the max.

Keyboardist in a good plaid, great colors and he is obviously in the groove.

another lumberjack, can you believe how much plaid was on that one stage, I am so not done either.

the cutest girl in the room, she looks like a superstar dont you think?  I love the all black with butterscotch boots mixture, very hot. and then a leather jacket and an acid yellow clutch, she was my fave.

Lumberjack Beatles!!  aren't they cool, I love the beret on that one black and white checked guy.  berets don't usually make my lists but this one so does.

cute couple, check out that murse, hes got more stuff in there than I have in my bag. and nice desert boots too, what do you think about her hair color, its like a very close match to her shirt..is this a good thing, i don't really think so and I hate her beret she looks like she is trying to copycat the guitar guy.

another lumberjack boy, love these cropped trousers and the little black hat, very fashion of him.  but he like all these guys looks like he just rolled out of bed and picked this up off of his floor.  they are so cool and effortless, I was really impressed to find such a tight knit crew of fashion subgenre, and especially after that boring old pearl it was soo refreshing.

soo cute, these girls are adorable.  I especially like her little neckerchief in the bright green, you would never guess it was new years eve from this picture, they are so down playing their celebration outfits and I think they really make it more of a rockn'roll aesthetic.  and the band was pretty good too. 

here are some bandmates in action, I love that the guy on the left is wearing a cardigan and looks nothing like mr Rogers, very well done bc it is so easy, just tossed on like its his normal thing.  

lumberjack guitar players unite! check out that worn in pocket, guess these are his fave jeans, looking like they have never been washed is somehow cool here.

another cute girl in that droopy target sweater, she was wearing an all black ensemble that you cant see here, but it was black strappy tank and black leggings with caramel boots and the droopy on top.  very simple and totally everyday for a new years celebration.  way to ring it in with style.

this is one of my favorites, normally I would totally rip this shit apart but I think she looks so sweet.  how on earth she is pulling off prairie boots with a tulley ballerina party dress is beyond me but she surely does it well.  I am thinking it is all in her sweet little doormouse personality.

don't you love his hat?  I told you they were lumberjacks, now all he needs is an ax and can't you just hear him shouting "timber!"  I can, I hate that too small white button down tho, and the murse seems a little mini for this husky fellow.  what about those chops jesus, facial hair is fashion, don't forget...they match the flaps on his plaid furry hat.

cute girl that was with us, she finally took off her coat and i liked what she had going on underneath. too bad about the freezing temp that night cuz I really would have liked to show off my christopher kane inspired paillete party dress, but too bad I rocked the beave all night instead.  anyway why am I praising a babydollish dress with mary janes??  bad shoes but they go with her overall girlish concept.  what I really liked about this dress was the color and the length - supershort - and the combo of a grey satin on a chiffony grey pleating.  nice work on the sleeves too.

grey must have been the color of the night, she looks hot and very skinney...do you think this is a borrowed dress or she bought it oversized, b/c it falls straight down from her ribby chest makes me think she should be a size down but I like they way this one hangs so I give her props for playing with proportion, and I like they beaded detail at the front...hate the shoes though, pretend she is wearing a high ass heel.

1 comment:

william said...

The boots with the nail heel are Maison Martin Margiela.